Mentorship

·     Contact Name and Mentorship Place: Micheal Suseoff, Cal State Fullerton

The most important thing I gained from this experience is getting a feel of what it's like to be a biochemistry major in college. I got to see what kind of projects they have to do and how it feels to be in the lab. I also learned the basics of enzymatic reactions and the biochemistry side of biofuels. This is important to me cause I wanted to have a little experience in biochemistry before I even considered majoring in it when I go to college.

It has helped me see possible ways to answer my EQ and the process of starting from an idea to actually finding out how to actually do it. Like for my first answer, by generating rationally designed mutations within ADPGlucose pyrophosphorylase, the rate of Starch production can increase, thereby producing more bioethanol, we started of with this idea and then we have to look at how we're actually going to do this, first we started by purifying the enzyme, crystallizing the enzyme to get an idea of what the structure actually looks like, once we got it we looked at the bonds it makes with different and so on. I pretty much went through with answer 1 for my EQ during my independent 1 and 2.

Comments

Popular Posts