Blog 3: Topic Choice and Semester 1 ESLR Goals


Topic

Biochemistry: Research of Proteins

What do you plan to do this year to show growth in each of the ESLRs?

  • iPoly Citizen: Academically, I will be a effective I-Poly citizen by coming to class on time which I have had trouble with in the past due to the unreliable bus schedule. I have never really been an active participant in the iPoly community but since its senior year I'll be more open to opportunities to help out with the committees.
  • Effective Learner: I will be a effective learner by asking questions if I don't quite get the concept especially in the subjects of math and science, if I don't get it I usually end up getting lost and regret not asking. During my mentorship I noticed that the undergraduates asked a bunch of questions even though they have been there for years, so its not something to be ashamed or shy about. I'll also try to do more than necessary with schoolwork, by studying, and trying to get better grades or just trying to learn more about a subject for my own sake. "Knowledge is power."
  • Effective User of Technology: I will be a effective user of technology by trying to find creative ways to present information to an audience like a fancy presentation or whatever which might make it easier for them to understand and remember. And along the way I'll learn how to use and technology that is necessary.
  • Effective Communicator: I have come to notice that I am very bad at sharing information effectively, due to the fact that I'm bad at explaining an idea or thought the way I had originally thought of it in my head, so I'll have to work on my presenting skills.

Comments

Popular Posts